Virtual Office‎ > ‎

Frequently Asked Questions

What happens if my child becomes ill during the school day?

Occasionally children become ill at school and need to return home. If this happens we will contact you and ask you to collect your child as soon as possible.  

When should I inform school that my child is too unwell to attend school? 

Please contact school from 8:15 am on the first morning of your child being unwell.

When should I pay for school dinners? 

Parents are required to pay for school meals using our ParentMail payment facility.  Please ensure your child's account is in credit before your child requests a school dinner.

What should I do if I would like my child to have milk? 

A letter concerning both meals and milk is sent to parents at the end of each term requesting information for the following term. 

What do I need to do to take my child out of school for an appointment? 

Where possible please avoid medical appointments in school time. If it is unavoidable, an appointment absence slip needs to be obtained from the school office prior to the appointment.

How can I get school uniform for my child? 

It is possible to order uniform as and when you require by ordering directly through the School Trends online ordering facility at, or by completing an order form which may be collected from the school office or downloaded from our Useful Forms webpage.

What should I do if our contact details change? 

To inform school of any change of address or contact numbers, please download and return the change of details form from our Useful Forms webpage.  In particular, please ensure that we have your current email address and mobile phone number for our school communication system, ParentMail.  

Can we take our holidays during term time? 

Headteachers have the discretion to grant leave, but they should only do so in exceptional circumstances.  This leave is unlikely to be granted for the purposes of a family holiday. Parents can be fined for taking their child on holiday during term time without consent from the school.