School Council Roles and Responsibilities
- On a weekly basis, at some point throughout the afternoon, go around the cloakrooms with a member of staff to rate the tidiness of the cloakrooms using the score sheet.
- Order the classes from last place to first
- Complete the ‘Tidy Cloakroom Award’ for winning class/classes
- Announce the ‘winning’ class in assembly
- Put certificate up on or around the door of the winning class
- On a Friday afternoon collect recycle boxes and empty in the correct school bin.
- Make a note of which class recycles well.
- Use sheet provided.
- Run school surveys to decide what pupils want to improve their playground environment
- Visit other schools and school websites to get ideas about what other school have done to improve their playgrounds
- Look through playground catalogues to get a feel for how much various items and equipment cost so we have an idea of how much money is required to improve the various areas of the playgrounds.
- Report this information to school council, specifically the fundraising committee.
- Suggest possible charities / events that we might raise funds for (e.g. hearing dogs, Children in Need, Comic Relief etc).
- Be aware of what’s needed by school and suggest fundraising ideas for it.
- Help organise fundraising events with teacher representative
- Keep treasurer up-to-date with funds raised so far
- Announce funds raised to school council members to keep them fully up-to-date
Lost Property Committee:
- Spend 30 minutes each week sorting through lost property
- Check property for names
- Distribute back to children
- Tidy lost property
- Once per ½ term lay out lost property – all classes to visit and claim property.